Dog Chat Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Stress

4 posters

Go down

Car Stress Empty Car Stress

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 am

Just wondering what to do about a dog that stresses in the car. This boy doesnt vomit but froths at the mouth all the time. He is saturated by the time I get to a show. I have given him valuim and this still doesnt stop him. I got him when he was 5 1/2 mths old. The breeder never locked dogs up which I do crate them in the van. I have even tried him on my seat and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Car Stress Empty Re: Car Stress

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:56 am

And just wanted to say, have tried rescue remedy and cant remember what the stuff is down the stress for ppl that get car sick.

Back to top Go down

Post by SeaMonKeY Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:20 am

I have no answer for that.. mine were never sik in the car and even now they sleep on there back on the seat lol
SeaMonKeY
SeaMonKeY

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Occy Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:46 am

shoot him

prob solved

OR

put him in the car - take him out

do that 5-6 times a day for a a few days

then increase the duration - give him treats and praise

Once he gets into the car happily then you start driving

out of the drive and back - treats!

do that for a few days

then around the block

then down the street

etc
Occy
Occy
Regular poster
Regular poster

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:48 am

Thanks Occy, will give that a go afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Coco is a car stresser too, until my OH let her sit on his lap and hang her head out the window, you can imagine how a bulky bloke with "Harley" facial hair looks with a little white fluffy thing hangin off his arm in his Ute - bloody ridiculous but he couldn't care less - as long as his little girl is happy, now she jumps into the car for him, he actually takes her in the car just so she gets a little drive cyclops he is losing the plot...and she doesnt stress, BUT I reckon the cops could book him for that, probably nothing in the rule book but they pick and choose their rules sometimes.
Xan
Xan

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzee Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:08 am

I have found different things work on different dogs after trying what “Occy” has said worked on some but not others.
One dog would slobber in the station wagon but never in the dog float regardless of weeks of car conditioning.
Then another dog the only thing that stopped him slobbering in the car was something called “Aconitum 200” from a Homeopath, this is sometimes prescribed for humans that have Panic Attacks. We used this for six or so months 10 mins. before we put him in the car and he was good for about 3 hours. One day I had to take him to the vet but also had to pick the kids up from school on the same trip and in my rush I forgot to give him his pills and he slobbered all the way to the school and then once the kids got in the car he just STOPPED and never did it again for the rest of his life, he lived until he was 16 years +. He came in the car everywhere with me once he stopped slobbering.
You know what even 15 years after that big boof-head L.C. GSD died I still miss him Sad.
Suzee
Suzee

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum